HOW TO BUY A PERFECT DIAMOND
It is an exciting time picking the perfect diamond for your loved one, however it can be a little overwhelming. There are various factors which to consider and for most this is a significant investment for a special person.
With big decisions, it’s always best to consult different sources for the most sound advice, and there are many ways in which to do this.
- Talking to friends / family to get a feel for the perfect shape and size of diamond your partner may like. Alternatively if it is not a secret speak to your partner.
- Browse on the internet, for knowledge that will help you. I always advise people to use our Diamond knowledge center to give themselves a good understanding of the different diamond characteristic.
- Speak to a diamond expert. This will mean you will receive valuable information and opinions that will ensure you get the most out of your investment. Ensuring the “4 Cs” are met to one’s ideals, and working with a company that you trust, always will bring a great return.
- The “4 Cs” is a traditional simplified classification to help understand a diamond’s different characteristics that will effect a stone overall allure. Cut, Colour, Clarity & Carat .
- Each needs to be weighed by the individual to suit what they really want from their diamond.
- Are you looking for a larger diamond and do not mind a few imperfections?
- Are you looking for a smaller better quality diamond?
- A balance between size and quality?
The real key here is to not obsess on one particular diamond specification, but to look at the diamond as a whole. This will mean you will open up more options and potentially find a better diamond than you originally thought possible.
Cut is considered by professionals as the most important, excellent cut can magnify a diamond’s beauty, whereas a poor cut can destroy its sparkle.
There are many different diamond shapes, each of these have their merits and ultimately it is really up to you which are attracted to. Sharp lines, alternate designs, or smooth and classic, there’s really a multitude of choices, with no right or wrong answer, it is a matter of personal taste.